[Release] Inno Setup Unpacker GUI Addon v0.19-070821

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Inno Setup Unpacker GUI Addon v0.19-070821

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:14 am

I don't know if many of you have noticed, but quite often Jared's Universal Extractor will not unpack certain Inno Setup packages, so I was quite fortunate to find this nifty wee tool over at SourceForge recently. So far (touchwood) I have yet to find an exe that UE barffed at which this Innounp was not able to handle.

I have included in this addon package the innounp GUI package written by Richard Santaella and also added some reg entries for those of you who want the option to directly extract to a sub-folder from your shell menu, which are based on nullz's scripts at the SourceForge forums here.

Please note that this addon package is purely experimental at this stage, but it seems to be working AOK for me in my Win2k3 here. Also note that, being experimental, I may decide to abandon it at any time in the future - so what you see is what you get (for now) ;)

Inno Setup Unpacker v0.19 + GUI
LINK: MrsP_Inno_Setup_Unpacker_Addon_v0.19-070821
MD5: 4197DBD8AC9F830F29CE46C567E68548
SIZE: 343 KB
Description: Unpack Inno Setup installers v3.0 to v5.1.10
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/02/23
Language: English
Title: Inno Setup Unpacker
Version: 0.19
License: Open Source
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Utilities\Innounp"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, shell entries and personal settings
innounp, the Inno Setup Unpacker
Innounp is an open source console application based on IS source, and it uses command-line options to find out what to do. It recovers portions of the installation script (.iss file), including the registry changes and the compiled Innerfuse/RemObjects Pascal Script, if available. The current version supports Inno Setup versions 3.0.0-beta through 5.1.10.
Enjoy.... or not....

[Edit 2007/08/21] Rebuilt with uninstaller
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sm0ker

Post by Sm0ker » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks Mrs P, will give it a go.

Edit
Just reinstalled and tested with ConvertXtoDVD and works like a charm. Thanks for this addon Mrs Peel :D

Nightwolf81

Post by Nightwolf81 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Thankyou muchly. . I also like to tinker with setup files to make the quiet (no running webpages, no self starting, no readme's). . just a silent app with a simple switch :D

if this app works as advertised then I should be ALOT happier with this!!

Thanks.

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:38 am

Well, ironically enough, this is the only addon I could find to bump that hadn't been nuked/deleted other than Screamer Radio, which I already had bumped.

The ironic part is I have yet to figure out what to do with the upacked setup files I have produced, so far this is one which for all intensive purposes I don't know what to do with (yet). :cry:

In other words, I'm not worried about this one, don't count my reply if you don't want to :wink:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 am

Well there was no need to bump it if you are not using it Keegan. But this was on my list of rebuilds this week anyway, so here it is with an uninstaller now.

I am SO HAPPY that I found this app, cos I've had to use it several times this week on inno packages that failed with Universal Extractor. It seems like this has become my latest "can't live without" addon making utility hrmmmm.

You'll have to wait for Ryan to wake up and update this on the server....

benners

Re: [Recoded] Inno Setup Unpacker GUI Addon v0.19-070821

Post by benners » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:26 am

Mrs Peel wrote:I don't know if many of you have noticed, but quite often Jared's Universal Extractor will not unpack certain Inno Setup packages,
You can always replace the innounp in UE's bin dir with the latest one, it extracts them then, just the annoying popup window that should be sorted in the next version of UE.

Patiently waiting for an updated innounp to use with v5.1.14, will have a peep at your addon, thanks.

keegan

Post by keegan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:56 pm

Well, I didn't mean to sound like I don't use it. I'm (slowly) trying to figure out how to use the output I get from it on some of the setup files I've extracted with it. It is definitely useful for me, because as you said yourself, it can extract things UniExtract won't.

My point, however poorly it may have been stated was that the old pack worked fine, was up-to-date, and it didn't appear you were too worried about updating it anyway. That's all :)

Thanks for the uninstaller on this one though...... I'm normally not worried about uninstalling your packs, but who knows..... :o

Sm0ker

Post by Sm0ker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:22 am

Thanks for the update Mrs P.

xms3500

Post by xms3500 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:33 pm

Mrs Peel I'm getting 404 error message File Not Found any ideas??

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:52 pm

Yup, I am rearranging some stuff with my server this week, so y'all can expect some downtime while I am in the process of doing that.