Visual TaskTips

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
shahed26

Visual TaskTips

Post by shahed26 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi

i downloaded Visual TaskTips v2.1 addon but it does not start automatically with windows. i have to start it manually by going to "start, programs"

Can someone please make the addon Visual TaskTips to slipstream into my xp cd please. if you can make the addon then please have it configured to startup automatically with windows, so i dont have to go to "start, programs" to start the program manually.

this is the only addon i need to make my xp look like vista.

thank you
your hard work is always appreciated :(

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Just drag the shortcut to Task Tips into your "Startup" folder and it should start when windows starts. That's the way I do it.

shahed26

Post by shahed26 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Mandarin wrote:Just drag the shortcut to Task Tips into your "Startup" folder and it should start when windows starts. That's the way I do it.
are there anyways i can add it to addon to automatically add Task Tips to my "Startup" by default on installation. because i want to slipstream it to xp cd, and i want it started by default.

OZ

Post by OZ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:40 am

You can make an .inf file cantaining the AddReg with the following lines.
I dont know where your app is located but this is a sample.

Code: Select all

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Task Tips",0,"""%16422%\Task Tips\Tasktip.exe"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Task Tips",0,"""%16422%\Task Tips\Tasktip.exe" here is where you app exe is located.

shahed26

Post by shahed26 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:26 pm

so this ini file will make my addon load automatically with windows on first boot am i right?