[Release] Kels' UberPacK v16.6 & Notepad2-Mod

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:13 am

@celestialRaptor, there is another to install all addons at once and insure that the most recent are installed last, just add this naming oreder to the beggining of each addon name, z1 z2 z3 with the highghest number beeing the last to integrate. just the remove the part of the name that say addon or integrator will not detect the addon.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

CelestialRaptor

Post by CelestialRaptor » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:38 pm

@dgelwin,

Thanks for your reply & information. I now understand what I can do to ensure the latest of any particular addon is always in place :wink:

Cheers
Free to Fly...Fly to be Free!

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:39 pm

Major update!!!

CelestialRaptor

Post by CelestialRaptor » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:42 pm

Ooooh howz that for timing! :o

I notice that as I posted my last input that this thread updated to reflect Kel's latest update... Excellent!!

Many thanks for your work & endeavours there Kel! :D

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:43 pm

You are very welcome this one was a real bear to do.

Lumina

Post by Lumina » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:55 pm

ive been using your pack since it was 2.x and it just keeps getting better and better., i recently got a hold of an MC copy of xp so i will try and see if i can install it there, im still not even sure if the integrator or update pack works on MC but i doubt the addons will cause any trouble integrating them.
cant think of anything to put.

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:03 pm

coll..cant watit to go home and try the pack..thx for the great job kel and dgelwin

Lumina

Post by Lumina » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:13 pm

OhMyGod, this pack works perfectly, well i mean except for the battery popup right after the t-39 stage of windows, but this has been around since 2.6 of uber pack, also i dont think its the pack it must be windows, because everything in the pack works perfectly, i already uninstalled regshot though, im not one for sticking my nose in the regestry. i give it a 10/10 great work Kelsenellenelvian.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:14 pm

jum, i tested this pack maybe a million times and never got a battery pop up can you post a screenshot or something for us. or pm me so i can help you figure out whats wrong. but im pretty sure its not the pack.

Lumina

Post by Lumina » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:18 pm

ok ill take a screenshot and send to you dgelwin, because i would love to get rid of this, allthough it doesnt cause any problems, its just anoying having to click yes every time i do an install.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:28 pm

I always get it in vmware but never on a real system.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:30 pm

well that might explain it, ive been testing on a real system, but even in vmware, i dont ever remember seeing this error.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:32 pm

Hey D get on messenger

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:09 am

ok i hav tested it so far everything working fine....but just a thought.. the rightclick menu/context menu is getting bigger ..hehehe,... if theer was a way to make a subtree for all the addons in the context menu ..it wud be really great

cheers

edit
===

cleartpe font was not enabled by default.. anyone esle had this problem

Rekoil

Post by Rekoil » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:13 am

lol aveenet25 you stole that idea of me i posted in some other thread yesterday

also kel do you think you could add uTorrent to your uber pack if it isnt too hard, uTorrent is a really good bittorrent client and its extremely light (about 200kb installed and 3mb while downloading) while still having all the features of eg azureus or bitcomet www.utorrent.com

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:16 am

@rekoil.. yeah i read that thread mate..its just an idea and a nice one.. well regarding the utorrent ..i think teher is an addon available.. but i dont think its a good idea to add it to the uber pack..coz its not everyones choice i guess.. well its up to kel..

oh by the way do u get cleartype fonts enabled by default??

Rekoil

Post by Rekoil » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:21 am

who here doesnt use bittorrent, you should all try uTorrent

Edit: I changed my mind :P i do notice a difference and the difference sucks major balls so im not using cleartype, it looks all smudged on mine, makes it hard to read.

visaversa

Post by visaversa » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:20 am

dgelwin wrote:jum, i tested this pack maybe a million times and never got a battery pop up can you post a screenshot or something for us. or pm me so i can help you figure out whats wrong. but im pretty sure its not the pack.
well i have this message for the first time to after using uberpack 3.7
ill try to attach a screenshot here:

nothing changed exept using version 3.7

glent

Post by glent » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:55 am

Thanks for the update Kel

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:18 am

Ok now That is not the one I was talking about. The one I get is at T-39 drriver unsinged warning and it only happens to me in vmware' As for the other 2 issues I just ran two more tests and cleartype was enabled on both of them and command prompt was there so I havent yet replicated this issue. What other packs did you use and did you have ryans update pack also? I want to try to replicate this.

As for the right click menu dlgewin has been triyng to rectify that by putting all of them into a submenu called somethion like "Power Options" not too much success but he is trying.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:25 am

Oh and as for a torrent client I don't think so I am trying to stick with windows functionalitiy.

CelestialRaptor

Post by CelestialRaptor » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:42 am

Well I used Kel's latest pack wiith Ryan's 2.0.1 pack & a couple other addons all integrated in earlier today to an iso file setup for VMWare & haven't encountered this battery situation?

Didn't notice it at T39 nor at any GUI stage... Maybe I were just lucky? *shrug* :?

visaversa

Post by visaversa » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:58 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Ok now That is not the one I was talking about. The one I get is at T-39 drriver unsinged warning and it only happens to me in vmware' As for the other 2 issues I just ran two more tests and cleartype was enabled on both of them and command prompt was there so I havent yet replicated this issue. What other packs did you use and did you have ryans update pack also? I want to try to replicate this.

As for the right click menu dlgewin has been triyng to rectify that by putting all of them into a submenu called somethion like "Power Options" not too much success but he is trying.
I did infact changed two more things...replaced ryan's wmp10 with boooggy.
And i changed VMWare 5.0 to 5.5 RC2

About command prompt here, that was a mistake of me. It was there...stupid me i just was looking for it while clicking in/on the root (c:) drive

I am doing some more test to trace what could caused it.
Stay tuned

Update: problem still there...
I go back to 3.6 to see if that solve the problem...

Lumina

Post by Lumina » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:09 am

@visaversa, that is definitely not the problem im having, mine like Kelsenellenelvian is at t-39 and so far only in vmware and on a very old computer i use has shown up, on most new computers i install windows i do not get this error.
@dgelwin check your pm i send you my email for messenger so i can send screenshots and details.

visaversa

Post by visaversa » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:52 am

Lumina wrote:@visaversa, that is definitely not the problem im having, mine like Kelsenellenelvian is at t-39 and so far only in vmware and on a very old computer i use has shown up, on most new computers i install windows i do not get this error.
@dgelwin check your pm i send you my email for messenger so i can send screenshots and details.
Lumina, i agree its not the same but the thing is i have it now...from version 3.7. non of the previous versions gave me this error.
i am still testing...now with version 3.2...
lets wait and see what happens...OK?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:13 am

OK Dglewin found out what is causing the battery errors it is the NotePad2 fully replacing the existing the actual notepad. Somehow it messes up the 16 bit subsystem and causes the battery issue and maybe other issues behind the scenes.

When notepad2 is not used no errors are caused. The reason for this is completly unknown for this and all we have figured out so far is that if it isn't in there windows does not have the issues. As to why this hasn't been figured out by now is probably because disabling sfc_os.dll seems to hide the error and using winnt.sif also hides this error. Any other time it popped up it was probably thought to be caused by other means.

Now Dlgewin has come up with a solution he is working on right now. He is working on a reg file to associate notepad2 with all known doc types and it will be co-installed with windows as a seperate notepad and over-write all functions of the original notepad. It may even fix the issue with right-click and print in notepad2.

The fix should be done today and then I will release a new update for my UberPack to completly nix this issue. Dlgewin has helped alot in the last release and now is working on the notepad2 issue so he really deserves some praise for all of the help he has givin me.

glent

Post by glent » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:23 am

great news Kel :D

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:32 am

I thougth so, I have come across it on both your lite and uber packs over several live installs...only a concern to those unattended installs...however it is a little annoyance.
Good job sorting it out.

visaversa

Post by visaversa » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:13 am

I am glad you solved the problem :)
But strangly when i went back to vmware 5.0 my problem disapeared.
I went back to vmware 5.5 and there it was again :?
All later test done with 3.7

i really don't understand....

Rekoil

Post by Rekoil » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:34 am

maybe different drivers in vmware 5 and vmware 5.5 ?
LOL

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:42 am

I've included Notepad2 in my pack since before I even made a pack for public download and I've never experienced this problem, either with a live system or in VMware V5. I'll be migrating to VM5.5 this weekend, so I guess I'll see.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:44 am

@rekoil, for some strange reason and for various different factors this popup does not show up on some installs, but.... the problem is if it doesnt show up thats when the trouble would occur because if you check your windows directory for the files needed to load the 16 bit subsytem they would not be copied. allthough this is no longer an issue seeing as how the notepad2 problem has now been fixed, not to mention you can now right click and print. :D and best of all no more battery popup or subsystem failure.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:46 pm

Major bug-fix release.

CelestialRaptor

Post by CelestialRaptor » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:52 am

As I say, I never actually experienced this issue but good stuff & major props again to you Kel! I'm sure those that were having the problem will appreciate it.
Kudos to dgelwin also for helping & to solve the mystery! :D

Cheers

Rekoil

Post by Rekoil » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:52 am

@dgelwin lol i dont think that was part of my question, but thanks anyway
LOL

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 am

@rekoil, jum what was the question i think i got lost in thougt.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:30 am

Just Curious if anyone finds this concept interesting.

any comments?

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:38 am

Looks good, especially if you could add unlocker, pin to start menu, cut, copy, paste, and the send to, to it as well. ;)

Now to figure out how to modify the JCarle Compression bin pack to put the compression bin in the start menu as well... :rolleyes:
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

dazkrlauwste

Post by dazkrlauwste » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:40 am

Cool!

Is that how it's supposed to be? I don't have that with this version. I also get double attributes menu in the rightclick menu of a shortcut/file.

linux25

Post by linux25 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:40 am

dgelwin its now not tweaks its now power software as i see in a pic lol :D

but i prefer to keep it as it

1 Q is it possible to add DAMN NFO Viewer

thanx man for u r hard work with Kel
Last edited by linux25 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

glent

Post by glent » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:41 am

Looking good dgelwin :D

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:54 am

That's Amazing dgelwin :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 am

@disabledtrucker, everything is possible, as for compression bin i was thinking of adding it to right click by default but forgot to do so at last minute, but to activate simply open compression bin right click and select associate with files :D.

@cdazkrlauwste, the attributes is no longer appearing twice, the change attributes at the bottom is different than the other one :D.

@clinux25, Power Tweaks is the final decision, i use power menu because that was initial and its still in testing. as for damn nfo viewer its up to kel if he wants to add it.

hope that answers questions, and i would like to thank avneet25 for his help on this. without him i would have never found out how to add third level working context menu.

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 pm

hey wow u finally did it..awesoem mate..cant wait to download that plugin..coz i need to clear up my context menu a bit

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm

Oh, compression bin has already been done so that it's associated with the rt. click the problem is it's not in the send to menu, it's at the top instead. I'd rather have it in the send to menu since that's basically what's being done anyways. That along with the send to menu and the others I mentioned tucked out of the way like you did above would be even better. Also, if you're planning on putting that together, then adding the send to where you have copy to and move to would be ideal so that you're not splitting them up, it just makes it look more uniform. It being called a "Power Menu" it would only be befitting that the Unlocker tool be in that menu, the Pin to Start Menu as well.

I mean, I don't know about you all, but I don't really care to right click on something to find I have a foot long context menu from where everything is being place into it these days. Seems like most every piece of software I have is wanting to be put there for easier access, but I really don't need all those things in the same context menu. A power menu like this, would be ideal so that certain things could be moved away from the initial context menu.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:34 pm

the name "Power Menu" i have been using since first test, but like stated by kel and by me above, that is not the final name it has been givin.

as for adding send to, or any other context menu that is default to windows, to this new submenu, i would have to discuss that with kel, because my originall intentions are to put only the newly added custom context menus to the submenu.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:41 pm

Whatever you all decide to do is fine, I was just mearly making a suggestion... ;)

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:45 pm

@disabledtrucker, i had no mal intent in my post, and your suggestion will be taking into consideration for me there is no problem doing what you ask its fairly easily achived, its just that this is kels pack, so he would have to decide not me, plus i think its a matter of preference, some user would like it in sub menu others no. me personally i would have everything except the properties context in submenu, but i have to think of others that want different things and not what i want.

FlyingGleek

Post by FlyingGleek » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:46 pm

dgelwin wrote: as for adding send to, or any other context menu that is default to windows, to this new submenu, i would have to discuss that with kel, because my originall intentions are to put only the newly added custom context menus to the submenu.
dgelwin, I fully agree with this viewpoint: only the added custom context menus should appear in the Power Menu submenu.

I really, really like this feature, is an approximate ETA available as I have a few computers to rebuild in the next few days? Should I be waiting?

Thanks again (I can never say it enough)!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:57 pm

well today is voting day down here, and im having to run in an out of the office every couple of minutes, but as for this beeing ready, jum good question, its almost fisnished it just involves a damn load of regtweaks, that i havent finished converting to inf format. :(