[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 am

shiner wrote:Thanks for that explanation. I think I understand now.
I will post an update today that will have the "Create Installer" enabled and if the requirements aren't met, then it will help you make those choices.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:06 am

km7mk wrote:I couldn't do a silent installer yet, first when I tick any box I got this message,

when I manged to tick all the boxes that I need, and create an installer, it stops in the middle and show this message.

by the way I'm using XP SP3 for that.

there are new versions of Quicktime 7.6.5 and Quicktime alternative 3.1.0.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)
I found the first one yesterday and will be posting an update later today. The sencon will most likely be fixed by the first. I might be able to get to the Quicktime updates.
Thanks

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:15 am

I was not able to finish the update last night. It will be after Thanksgiving before I can post it.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

shiner

Post by shiner » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Have a nice Thanksgiving Jonnyboy.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Update posted 0.706

v0.706 - 12-02-09
-fixed bug when reading registry for firefox and firefox not installed
-fixed bug where when browsing for folder and cancel is selected
-fixed bug when trying to copy helper.exe and file does not exist
-added several outdated older vanilla versions of Firefox
-changed links for outdated older Firefox versions after Mozilla removed previous links
-added Tete's Beta SSE Version
-added Tete's Beta SSE2 Version
-added ability to only download links to the file you wish to build
-added status
-added usage validation
-fixed check update
-updated to Quicktime v.7.65.17.80
-updated to Quicktime Alternate v.3.1.0

km7mk

Post by km7mk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 am

Thanks for the update I still have the issue of the space in writelog line, I think it's because of WMI driver extensions, any way I mange to use the tool by removing the" SPACE(intLen) " from the line 2985.

The Firefox work fine so far under XP, but when my friend tried it on vista he couldn't save pictures with it.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 am

km7mk wrote:Thanks for the update I still have the issue of the space in writelog line, I think it's because of WMI driver extensions, any way I mange to use the tool by removing the" SPACE(intLen) " from the line 2985.

The Firefox work fine so far under XP, but when my friend tried it on vista he couldn't save pictures with it.
***EDIT***
I misread your error message, I have found the error and will be fixed in next update. I would still like to see the log files and maybe I can see why Firefox might be having problems in Vista.
Thanks

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Alright, I have asked this before and received no support. So, I'm asking again.

I really dislike having to post an update just so that I can get someone to tell me of a bug they have found. I need some volunteers to join me and bug test each version, before I make it public. This will reduce the number of errors in the public releases.
If you value this script and you have a little free time, please PM for the details.

Thanks

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:24 am

update posted v0.707
Remember, if running in Vista or Win7 and UAC has not been disabled, then you must run as administrator.
if you are interested in assisting in bug testing please PM me. Thanks

v0.707 - 12-11-09
-removed various string\integer bugs
-removed several global variables
-added more error checking and validation
-added more logging to help track down bugs
-fixed several bugs
-added delay during firefox installation to allow profile creation to complete before continuing
-removed intLen routine
-added option to view detailed log and set no details as default
-fixed bug not recognizing a corrupt or incomplete download by adding script to get 7-zip extraction error codes to verify proper extraction - if error code 2, the file is deleted and downloaded again
-updated Adobe Flash Player to version 10.0.42.34
-added SendKeys to refresh the screen after deleting the shortcuts
-fixed overwriting of some newer componenets and modules files with older versions, now only copies components and modules that do not exist in the version you are creating
-added script to remove installer created shortcuts when uninstalling - only removes shortcuts created by the installer - Works for all shortcuts except 'User Pinned'
-added slavok, polish and spanish strings for 'Pin to Taskbar'

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Update Posted v0.708
You are no longer required to run as Administrator, the installer will request it if you are not.

v0.708 - 12-13-09
-added czech, danish, german, english(another), estonian, finnish, french, croatian, hungarian, italian, lithuanian, latvian, norwegian, portuguese, roamanian, slovenian, swedish and turkish strings for 'Pin to Taskbar'
-resource hacked sfx file to require admin privileges
-fixed bug when loading saved settings and paths to firefox and profile does not exist
-added option to create silent installer with visual queue
-added script to remove "user_pref("browser.download.dir", "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop");" from prefs.js. This line can cause Vista and Win7 users unable to right click and save images
-added select and view custom icoms
-added script to resource hack the sfx file to use whichever custom icon is selected or if none is selected, then the sfx will be resource hacked with the vanilla firefox icon
-updated icon set
-added selectable themes and added 2 basic themes
-cleaned up background image
-fixed hta size for screens resolutions smaller than 1100 pixels wide
-added several additional icons

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Update Posted v0.709

v0.709 - 12-13-09
-fixed bug that if user checks Use Custom Icon and does not select an icon, then no icon will be resource hacked
-fixed bug with css causing layout to shift left
-added Black & Red icon set

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:15 am

Jonnyboy wrote:I have nearly completed the update. I need some information from anyone that does not have english as their Windows language. When you right click on a exe or file, on the context menu, there is a choice to pin to taskbar. I need to what what the exact string is to pin to the taskbar. On english systems it is "Pin to Taskbar". Note, the string must be exact or it will not work.
Italian

Code: Select all

aggiungi a menu di avvio
the path is this:
"Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"*.*
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 am

nonno fabio wrote:
Jonnyboy wrote:I have nearly completed the update. I need some information from anyone that does not have english as their Windows language. When you right click on a exe or file, on the context menu, there is a choice to pin to taskbar. I need to what what the exact string is to pin to the taskbar. On english systems it is "Pin to Taskbar". Note, the string must be exact or it will not work.
Italian

aggiungi a menu di avvio
the path is this:
I took this "Aggiungi questo programma alla barra delle applicazioni" from the Italian language pack. Does it work?

Thanks

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 am

Update Posted v0.7091

v0.7091 - 12-14-09
-fixed Black & Red icon set
-fixed typo in writing install.ini, if DestinationPath was not in %ProgramFiles% would cause error

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 am

Jonnyboy wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:
Italian

aggiungi a menu di avvio
the path is this:
I took this "Aggiungi questo programma alla barra delle applicazioni" from the Italian language pack. Does it work?

Thanks
I don't know because I'm not able to find it in FAM options. However that is the correct translation but you asked for what appears if you right-click an exe and this is it:
http://yfrog.com/0fcontextmenupp
Actually "aggiungi a menu di avvio" pins to start menu, not to taskbar
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 am

I didn't know that the language pack had additional text, that is not viewed, that is required for the script to work.

But, thank you for your response.
~Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 am

I am holding a contest for best theme. You could win $50.00 gift card.

Contest Information

shiner

Post by shiner » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Jonnyboy, I wish I had more free time to help test this.
I just tried version 0.7091 to create a silent installer of my local installation of FF3.5.6.
I will test the created installer later this evening in VBox.

In the meantime, Have I misunderstood something?

1. After clicking the "Create Installer" button, an explorer type window comes up asking where I want to put the file which is about to be created, with the following text"
"Browse to the Folder you wish to install Firefox into:
or create a new folder
then click OK:"

Is this text correct?

I thought it might mean something like:
"Browse to the folder you wish to save the Firefox installer or addon into:
or create a new folder
then click OK."

2. So during that dialog asking where to save the file, I decided to create a new folder, then pressed "OK". The silent installer was made but was not saved in the folder I chose to create. Instead, it was saved to the same folder with FirefoxAddonMaker07091.

Is that what you intended?
It's not a major thing, just asking.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 am

shiner wrote:Jonnyboy, I wish I had more free time to help test this.
Is that what you intended?
When you install firefox, you have the choice of installation folder. This is true, whether you use my script or the firefox installer, you can choose where to install firefox to.
The script needs to know where you want to install firefox to. So, if you do not choose a location, the script will ask you to "Browse to the Folder you wish to install Firefox into". If you select "Use Defaults", the path will be populated for you.

The installer will be created in the current folder.

Thanks and I help this helps.

shiner

Post by shiner » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 am

Thanks,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
I mistakenly assumed that if I didn't choose an install location for Firefox in the interface that it would install to the default location.

Now it makes sense if most people want to change the default location.

shiner

Post by shiner » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Jonnyboy,
After becoming familiar with the FirefoxAddonMaker interface and how it works, I created two silent installers. First, a clone of my local installation of FF356-en and then I used the on-line mode to create one of the Thai version of FF356.
I put both in an iso which I used to install each successively in VirtualBox running XPSP3 guest. Both appeared to work perfectly.

So, I completely uninstalled the local installation of FF on my PC and re-installed FF using each installer and connected to the internet to check if everything was as I wanted (first the thai version, then the clone of my local installed English version. ) Again, both of them worked fine. All settings I chose were correctly integrated into the silent installers. All the extensions, plug-ins, and settings in my local installation were intact.
I haven't found anything amiss yet.
Great for a clean system install on one's own PC or for other PCs where specific extensions, plug-ins and settings are wanted.
It appears to work correctly on XPSP3.
Thanks.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 pm

shiner wrote:Jonnyboy,
After becoming familiar with the FirefoxAddonMaker interface and how it works, I created two silent installers. First, a clone of my local installation of FF356-en and then I used the on-line mode to create one of the Thai version of FF356.
I put both in an iso which I used to install each successively in VirtualBox running XPSP3 guest. Both appeared to work perfectly.

So, I completely uninstalled the local installation of FF on my PC and re-installed FF using each installer and connected to the internet to check if everything was as I wanted (first the thai version, then the clone of my local installed English version. ) Again, both of them worked fine. All settings I chose were correctly integrated into the silent installers. All the extensions, plug-ins, and settings in my local installation were intact.
I haven't found anything amiss yet.
Great for a clean system install on one's own PC or for other PCs where specific extensions, plug-ins and settings are wanted.
It appears to work correctly on XPSP3.
Thanks.
Thanks

PM me if you would like to join the beta testing team.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Update Posted v0.710
This update is much larger because I am now including the flash installer and the shockwave slim installer. Both files are dynamically updated to the current file whenever the version changes. I also added "Pin to Start Menu" for Win7 users.

v0.710 - 12-17-09
-fixed shortcut creation
-added Pin to Start Menu for Win7 users - in all languages previously included for Pin To TaskBar
-made it possible to remove additional icon sets(smaller download for users that don't use the custom icons)
-additional icons in future releases will be in a separate file(place them in the same folder as Firefox Addon Maker)
-inclusion of additional icon sets is dynamic, add your own icons in the same format as the default icon set
-inclusion of additional style sheets is dynamic, add your own styles in the same format as the default and name it style01.css through style10.css
-removed Flash plugins and added Flash Installer, this dynamically updates to current version when user updates links
-removed Shockwave plugins and added Shockwave Slim Installer, this dynamically updates to current version when user updates links
-fixed bug when load saved settings, the saved version number would be loaded

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Update Posted v0.711

v0.711 - 12-18-09
-fixed link issues with tete's versions and Sharma's Blazing Fast versions
-changed hta size slightly to 1019x715

Zoom7000

Post by Zoom7000 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm trying to run this on my Windows XP SP3 PC and I can't get past the splash screen. The program just displays the splash screen but doesn't actually get to the main page. Any ideas?

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Zoom7000 wrote:I'm trying to run this on my Windows XP SP3 PC and I can't get past the splash screen. The program just displays the splash screen but doesn't actually get to the main page. Any ideas?
I PM'd you on the other board after you posted this, there.
Please respond to the PM and I'll try to help you.

Thanks

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Update Posted v0.7121

v0.7121 - 12-20-09
-updated "Check for Update" script will now attempt to download the current file and if successful, will close current file and open new file

v0.712 - 12-20-09
-fixed error when Splash Screen timer does not fire properly
-fixed error getting file versions on systems other than english
-styles have been made entirely dynamic, just add css file to the bin\styles folder and any images to the bin\images folder and run the script
-fixed bug when getting firefox path for WinXP users and firefox is installed

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 am

Update Posted v0.713

v0.713 - 12-23-09
-completed Window 7 Toolkit Addon, it uses the silent installer and a RunOnceEx reg entry to run the installer on first log in (thanks to DaRk MaDnEsS fo rhis assistance)
-fixed Firefox Versions spans to correct css hover style after updating links

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:11 pm

I have just finished creating a simple (not professional) video on how to use Firefox Addon Maker. I hope it helps you if you needed it. I am open to suggestions for making the video better and\or provide more information. The video is available from Sourceforge.net.

Please, this is my first attempt at creating a how-to video and I agree that it is not the best.

~Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:20 am

Update Posted v0.714
I found a couple of bugs that occur on non-english installs of Firefox. Also, I have removed the Adobe Flash installer and Adobe Shockwave Installer. Since, they can be downloaded directly from Adobe. Once downloaded, they are stored in the Files folder along with the Firefox installers, so they can be re-used if they still exist.

Firefox 3.6 has made a security change to their plugins and components folders. NO files other than those shipped with Firefox will be allowed to run from within the components folder. So, if you use Firefox 3.6 and beyond, WGA and OGA, RealPlayer and RealPlayer Alternative, Quicktime and Quicktime Alternative are affected. WGA and OGA will not work as shipped by M$. The others may work if they are properly installed.

v0.714 - 12-26-09
-changed script for checking version for saved file
-removed pluginreg.dat from files watched - it has hard coded paths and is included with plugins. it is created on first run
-fixed copies compreg.dat(automatically regenerated as needed), found some systems have copy in the compoments folder
-changed installation order, moved shockwave and flash before setting firefox as default and creation of profile
-added dynamic creation of plugins.txt file for future releases of Firefox, where the contents may differ
-discovered reason for some plugins not working properly with 3.6 (http://lwn.net/Articles/363568/) - this may be backported to 3.5
-for now, any plugin that installs file into the components folder do not work in 3.6. This includes WGA and OGA, RealPlayer and RealPlayer Alternative, Quicktime and Quicktime Alternative.
-for Firefox Version 3.6, I have disabled plugins that install files to the components folder, until those plugins are updated for Firefox 3.6. This includes WGA and OGA, RealPlayer and RealPlayer Alternative.
-no longer copying all of the components amd plugins if the file is part of the installation of one of the included plugins, regardless if the plugin is selected or not. I am looking for installers to include and replace the plugins.
-fixed Firefox Versions spans to correct css hover style after updating links
-fixed path for filecopy of Quicktime Alternative
-no longer including Flash Player Installer
-no longer including Shockwave (slim) Player Installer
-added option for Shockwave (full) Player
-added Silverlight Plugin installer , when the download location changes, it will download from Sourceforge.net, notifying me to update the script to new path

shiner

Post by shiner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 am

Jonnyboy,

I just tried this with FF3.6 and wanted to keep my Personas.

I used the online installer method with my current installation profile.

After creating the silent installer, integrating in my XPSP3 install image, and loading in VirtualBox, I thought it worked fine.

The currently loaded Persona worked fine, but the other personas which were included, won't load (Use theme button).
Let me know if my explanation is deficient.

Did you include support for multiple Personas?
Not a big issue, but I thought I would just ask.

Forgot to mention used version 0715

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 am

shiner wrote:Jonnyboy,

I just tried this with FF3.6 and wanted to keep my Personas.

I used the online installer method with my current installation profile.

After creating the silent installer, integrating in my XPSP3 install image, and loading in VirtualBox, I thought it worked fine.

The currently loaded Persona worked fine, but the other personas which were included, won't load (Use theme button).
Let me know if my explanation is deficient.

Did you include support for multiple Personas?
Not a big issue, but I thought I would just ask.

Forgot to mention used version 0715
I am not sure why they wouldn't be useable. I will look into it. As far as I know they are stored in the profiles folder and are referenced in the prefs.js file. I use the extension Personas to mangae my personas and I have not had any problem with them.

I have nearly completed the update for Inf Assistant. When that is done, then I will dig into to this and the others issues that have popped up since 3.6.

Thanks

shiner

Post by shiner » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 am

In FF36:
Tools/Addons/Themes

The preview images for each persona do not appear in the build I described above.
No rush, as I don't consider it a major issue.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 am

shiner wrote:In FF36:
Tools/Addons/Themes

The preview images for each persona do not appear in the build I described above.
No rush, as I don't consider it a major issue.
If you have the time, see if you can locate the image file. It may be stored in an odd place and therefore not being copied.

Thanks

***EDIT***

Just doing a quick check, the personas do not appear to be stored in the profile. Only the currently active persona is there. They may be downloaded when the become active. Again, I use the Persona extension to manage personas, so it may behave differently.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 am

thanks a again..

alban

Post by alban » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 am

The addon is not working with v4.0, can you please update.

Thanks.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 am

I have just completed, well 95%, an update. I need a little help in bug checking. I'll update the first post in a few days, after I have received some feedback.

Thanks

Update .8b2 posted

MD5: 330394527F115E49BEF2524C0C65F6B0
File Size: 4.03 MB

View Changelog

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 am

I am willing to add any plugins for Firefox, so long as someone is willing to maintain the plugins and provide a direct link to download and a web page or text file that shows the current versions that are posted.

*EDIT*

Dropbox.com is a good place to host these files.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm

FFaM v.8b3 Posted

MD5: EDA6B8D579D0F3A6A394A16A090A8952
File size: 4.04MB

View Changelog

alban

Post by alban » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:15 pm

WOW thank you Jonnyboy :)

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 am

alban wrote:WOW thank you Jonnyboy :)
I hope it's working well. Any problems?

thank you

alban

Post by alban » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:10 pm

No problems for me I just created the silent install of firefox 7.0.1 and it works just great

I have been waiting for very long time for this tool

Thanks Jonnyboy.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:14 am

Update 0.8b4 posted

MD5: 75C96BCBB1F7FA5E6C1C340A520A81E2
File size: 3.64MB
Changelog

The first post has also been updated.
Last edited by Jonnyboy on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 am

I'm using firefox 7.01.An error occurred in script on this page.After pressing OK I still have a white board

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 am

dziubek wrote:I'm using firefox 7.01.An error occurred in script on this page.After pressing OK I still have a white board
Could you translate the error message for me? Just the first line, next to the
:!: .

Thank you

EDIT

Nevermind, I got it. Download it again, I just made a minor change.

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 am

Error still occurs.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:24 pm

@dziubek:I may have found the problem. Would you try this FFaM.hta. Replace the one created when you run FFaMv8b4.exe and run the hta.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Thank you

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 pm

There still does not work.

Jonnyboy

Post by Jonnyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm

dziubek wrote:There still does not work.

Looks like I created a new error. I'll have something soon, thank you.

*EDIT*
Download the link again, and try it again.

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Doesn't display any errors and no text also.