INF failures in XP Install

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
jfcarbel

INF failures in XP Install

Post by jfcarbel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:34 pm

I have done a few builds in the past and have had INFs fail before and traced it down to a bad one. But I did so thru just trial and elimination.

This one is going to be difficult because I have alot of INFs. Is there somewhere I can look to check to see what is going on (logs, etc) or is there a way to determine the bad INF causing the issue.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Sometimes setuperr.log but only for certain inf's (ones that install via syssetup), its ussually your newest addons, you can dissable them one by one in sysoc.inf

BTW if you use nLite make sure you dont remove Help and Support, nLite will go nuts and delete ALL .chm files and this sometimes causes problems

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks for nLite tip, I have run into some issues with nLite removals so I scaled back on those. But I will check.

I did try to manually install each INF by putting the cab file in /i386 dir and then doing install on INF file. I found one that failed so maybe thats the culprit. But it was an older AddOn and not sure if one I had used before (Foxy DVDDecrypter). I found another version that works and deleted. Going to do another install tonite and see if maybe that did it.

I checked thru the TXTSETUP.SIF and verified that each INF and CAB for the INF True Addons was in there. And they were all there, which is confusing to me. What causes these to fail and stop installing some of them? 2 of the 8 installed fine, but the rest did not.

Also I used OnePiece AIO Update pack and it looks like WGAV did not install successfully either.