[Tool] DX's UpdatePack/Addon Creator

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
xspeed_one

Post by xspeed_one » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:58 am

Hi nonno fabio,

I created the addon "NonnoFabio_IE8_WinXPSP3_RunOnceEx_AddOn_PTB.7z" with the “DXUPAC.exe” and, at the end of the installation of Windows XP SP3, when running rundll pops up the message "error in C:\Windows\System32\iedkcs32.dll", "missing entry: BrandIEActiveSetup".

You could help me with that?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 am

Please upload somewhere your addon and share the link: Onepiece will give it a try.

Could you also describe the steps followed (and the files used) to build your addon? Probably the cause is there.
And why runonce addon and not svcpack addon?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

xspeed_one

Post by xspeed_one » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Link to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/824m2 ... OnceEx.rar

Steps followed and files used are in DOCX file attached to the addon for download.

I used the RunOnceEx just as a test.

I'm using now the "OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_True_AddOn_PTB", created with the same files. Report the test result as soon as completed.

:)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:50 am

Seems that iesetup is not able to directly update iedkcs32.dll file (usually this happens on next restart) but immediately after system loads everything (it is a runoncex addon and this is the first logon after Windows installation). At this time iedkcs32.dll file is still the IE6 one and ie8 registry try to execute BrandIEActiveSetup but it doesn't find it.
The solution is to rebuild an IE8 Svcpack addon and everything will be OK
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

xspeed_one

Post by xspeed_one » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:14 am

OK, thank you very much for your help. I created the addon SVCPACK and TrueAddon. Tested and work fine, no errors.

Congratulations on your good work.

Greetings

Ultraform

Post by Ultraform » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:42 pm

does this version "DXUPAC v1.2.0.6" work with Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.10 and the new adobe flash :O?

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 pm

not yet, tomorrow will be updated

PS: adobe flash is always Ok with all versions of DXUPAC

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Ultraform

Post by Ultraform » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Okej Thanx! And thx for fast reply <3

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:42 am

updated to fit latest XP/w2k3 UpdatePacks

hubaishan

Error in Arabic Post-SP3

Post by hubaishan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 pm

I integrated the pack with nlite 1.4.9.3
this error when installing windows:
setup can not copy file Netfx11.inf

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi hubaishan, thanks for reporting, explains all the steps (during the creation of UpdatePack) in detail, and if possible upload your updatepack

Ciao.
Image Image Image

hubaishan

Post by hubaishan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:43 am

I followed the steps in this topic and the youtube video the pack is for Arabic language
I downloaded the required files from MEGA.com and Microsoft.com

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:47 am

Hi hubaishan, also the files from the folder INTL ??

Ciao.
Image Image Image

hubaishan

Post by hubaishan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Yes, I included it.
I have solved this error now by including these files
WindowsXP-KB967048-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe
WindowsXP-KB970326-x86-ENU.exe

These Files are not Listed in box.com https://app.box.com/s/3e9184edlph1e8gw7hsd/1/1021133850

but listed in mega.co.nz https://mega.co.nz/#F!F90QCbRZ!s6A47ovpj8UUrsLQfxHCPQ

Thank You

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:54 am

I can also add those files but they can't solve the error by themselves.
They're optional: if you read entries.ini file you will note that they are disabled if not present inside updatepack

So they can't be the cause of missing netfx11.inf. Something else must be happened during updatepack creation.

They're listed also in box.com but strangely they are not visible. Thans for pointing this out

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 am

updated to fit latest XP/w2k3 UpdatePacks.
When WindowsUpdate will be offline for XP, DXUPAC won't need to be updated anymore to adjust OPMWXPUP.inf (XP UpdatePack inf Setup) and OPW2K3UP.inf (2k3 UpdatePack inf Setup) to WU/MU requirements.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu May 15, 2014 4:30 am

updated

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:00 pm

updated to fit latest W2k3 UpdatePack

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

links not working from box and googledrive !

I still have your mixturecloud repo link and the latest files there are downloadable.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:20 pm

fixed, thanks.

adric

Post by adric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 pm

I wanted to create an addon with a few fixes and was hoping DXUPAC would do the job. I ran a test with a single fix and it looked like everything ran okay, but the entries.ini and the inf file created for this single fix are huge and have a lot of other things in it that have nothing to do with the single fix which only contains a few dll files. Also, there are NETFXnn.IN_ files included.

How can I create an Addon so that it only contains the information for my specific fixes or did I misunderstand the purpose of DXUPAC?

Also, if you cut and paste the target path to the GUI, you get an Autoit Error. You have to use the ..... button :shock:

Al

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 pm

I check the OnePiece "box" folder(almost) daily, saw a new dxupac.exe just now (dated "yesterday") and was wondering what was new in this version (since we already had a new version last patchtuesday).

So I guess this version addresses the stuff adric talks about?

adric

Post by adric » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:37 am

Atari800xl wrote:
So I guess this version addresses the stuff adric talks about?
No, I'm surprised nonno fabio hasn't commented :?

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 am

Yeah, me too...
I hope he's enjoying a well-deserved holiday...

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 am

Hi All, Nonno Fabio is not online for the moment

nothing special, updated as Always, to give support to the latest relese of Win2003 UpdatePack and WinXP UpdatePack (where need to update the GUID version of the MRT)

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:06 am

adric wrote:I wanted to create an addon with a few fixes and was hoping DXUPAC would do the job. I ran a test with a single fix and it looked like everything ran okay, but the entries.ini and the inf file created for this single fix are huge and have a lot of other things in it that have nothing to do with the single fix which only contains a few dll files. Also, there are NETFXnn.IN_ files included.
I experienced the same problem when I tried to create an addon, but it seems that addon creation is a black art known only to a few initiates who do not want to provide newbies with a detailed and complete guide to addon creation. The usual reply when you post problems such as this is to study existing addons for clues about their construction, which sounds like reverse engineering to me.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Zephyr wrote:I experienced the same problem when I tried to create an addon, but it seems that addon creation is a black art known only to a few initiates who do not want to provide newbies with a detailed and complete guide to addon creation. The usual reply when you post problems such as this is to study existing addons for clues about their construction, which sounds like reverse engineering to me.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1290

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks for the link, user_hidden. You beat me to it. :)

Time--not unwillingness... not black arts... not elitism nor malicious intent, but time--is the limiting factor, Zephyr. I've helped two people within the past year do just what you're asking. It's not a hard process, but it can be tedious.

And you're correct: I learned by reverse engineering RyanVM's update pack (which user_hidden's is based upon). Then Xable's update pack. Then nfm's. Later I reverse engineered Kelsenellenelvian's addons, then Siginet's, then Mrs Peel's, then ricktendo64's, and on and on. I could drop names all day but most of these people aren't around as much as they used to be. They don't seem to have enough time.

Nor do I. But I'm willing to help with the time I have.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:01 am

Here is the sticky topic providing resources for addon makers: [Tutorials] Creating Your Own Updates & Addons

This topic seems particularly useful:

How to Create an Addon V2.0

The following are essential resources for addon makers:

Defining Entries.ini
Environment Variables Supported by RunOnce Commands

I suggest that someone like OnePiece who has made a massive contribution to the forum in eleven years, but wants to move on, should provide detailed instructions on how to continue updating their addons and update packs so that others can maintain these projects. I suggest that these instructions be made into sticky topics otherwise they could be buried and overlooked in a 64 page topic.
Last edited by Zephyr on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:38 am

How to Create an Addon V2.0 is now stickied.
Zephyr wrote:The following are essential resources for addon makers:

Defining Entries.ini
Environment Variables Supported by RunOnce Commands
Updated the "Environment Variables" link in Siginet's list to your working link.

It should be mentioned that all instances of "on RISC" from the new link should actually read "WoW64 redirector for 64-bit Windows operating systems." RISC has nothing to do with what they're talking about--except maybe for Windows RT, which isn't what we're targeting here.

Actual filesystem locations for WoW64 emulation:
  • %16425% - C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    %16426% - C:\Program Files (x86)
    %16428% - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common